November 10 2012
We had thought of visiting the Redpath Museum today but it was closed, so maybe try again tomorrow. While we were in the area we took a look inside the Redpath Hall. The building dates back to 1893 and was donated by Peter Redpath who was a businessman, philanthropist and a member of McGill’s University Board of Governors.
Not sure what event was going to take place in the hall later, but there was an anvil and hammer on the front stage wrapped with chains that then ran along the floor and around the seating…looked like some kind of secret society gathering was about to take place, so if anyone has knowledge of what this was about, do share.
It seemed like a day of University visits as we also passed through the Université du Québec à Montréal campus next to rue Jeanne-Mance. The Heart of Science building with the tall brick chimney used to be a boiler house and forge and together with 2 other historic buildings were restored in 2005 and became part of the UQAM campus.
To view images in gallery format, simply click on one of the images below.
Thanks for stopping by. Until next time.